A splendid Grade II listed period home occupying the majority part of a mansion house in a prime position, a short distance from Chertsey town centre with its selection of shops, banks, restaurants and wine bars.
Entrance hall, Cloakroom, Drawing room, Dining room, Family room, Study, Re fitted luxury kitchen/breakfast room, Original pantry, Utility Cupboard, Five bedrooms, Three bathrooms, Bedroom annexe with kitchenette and bathroom, Self-contained top floor apartment, Extensive character features, English country style garden, Heated swimming pool, Cobbled courtyard, Double garage.
* Substantially improved property making this into a fabulous family home of immense character with very adaptable accommodation for live-in staff and/ or relatives due to its two self-contained annexes.
* Recently refurbished Falcon 5 burner gas cooker and an original pantry with stone shelves and downlighters highlighting the beams.
* Family room and the fine dining room with sash windows and fine cast-iron fireplaces.
* Drawing room with two large sash windows overlooking the gardens and a grand fireplace.
* master bedroom measuring a generous 17' x 15'5 and has an extensive range of fitted wardrobe cupboards and door to a luxury en suite bathroom with a large double-ended bath.
* All of the bedrooms are of a generous size and on the top floor one can find bedroom five with a Napoleon cast iron fireplace.
* Beautiful gardens with high period walls which provides the garden a classic English country feel
* Jacuzzi hot tub in the Summer House and two timber sheds.
* Swimming pool with timber changing room with hot and cold power and external heated shower.
* Double garage with twin up and over doors, power and light.
* Three storeys of character accommodation that feel completely independent of the neighbouring property helped by looking onto its own beautifully maintained part walled garden.Situation
York House occupies the majority part of this splendid house which is just a short distance into the centre of this bustling town with its banks, restaurants and wine bars. There are good schools for children of all ages in the area and there are excellent recreational pursuits including boating on the River Thames and Foxhills Golf and Country Club a short distance away.
There are flights both domestic and international from nearby Heathrow Airport (16.5 miles) and the M3, M4 and M25 motorway networks are all close at hand.Services
The property has mains gas, electricity, water and drainage.Fixtures and Fittings
By separate negotiation Local Authority
Runnymede Borough Council – 01932 838383Directions
From Barton Wyatt in Virginia Water turn right and go over the traffic lights to Thorpe. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit to Chertsey. At the end of the road turn left and head towards Thorpe Park. Take the next right signposted Shepperton and turn into St Ann’s Road. York House will be seen on the left-hand side of the right bend before the Village Green on the left. From Chertsey High Street, proceed north and follow the road with the cricket green on the right, York House can be found on the right-hand side of the next bend. We suggest initially parking in Staines Road and walk around to the front door.
NOTE: These particulars are intended only as a guide to prospective Tenants to enable them to decide whether to make further enquiries with a view to taking up negotiations but they are otherwise not intended to be relied upon in any way for any purpose whatsoever and accordingly neither their accuracy nor the continued availability of the property is in any way guaranteed and they are furnished on the express understanding that neither the Agents nor the Vendors are to be or become under any liability or claim in respect of their contents. Any prospective Tenant must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of the particulars contained.