Lot one £5.75 million
-Main house, coachhouse, tennis court, swimming pool, 4 acres.
-Sold with the benefit of the planning consent for a new 21,500 ft.² mansion.Lot two £1.25 million
-Outbuildings with separate access from Ridgemead Road, Set in 1.1 acres with planning consent for a new home of 4860 ft.²
-As a whole £7 million
Very different opportunities for different Buyers, all of equal appeal.Description
Ridgewood House was built in 1998 and has attractive rendered brick elevations under a tiled roof. The main house currently extends to about 5,374 sq ft and the Coach House to 1,928 sq ft.
Ridgewood House occupies an exclusive position in one of the most sought after and superbly accessible locations outside London. The area is synonymous with some of the world’s most prominent families and lies very close to the edge of the 4,800 acre Windsor Great Park. The property benefits from exceptional access to London. The M25 provides access to Heathrow Airport and the M4, which provides direct access into the heart of London. Although the commuter links are superb, the area around the property still maintains a rural feel.
The beautifully landscaped gardens and grounds include a tennis court and an outdoor swimming pool, amounting to about 4 acres.
Ridgewood House currently has the benefit of two planning consents, detailed as follows:Application RU.20/1639
- Erection of a detached two storey dwelling with basement, involving the demolition of the existing house and the detached two storey annexe (granted on 25th February 2021).
Highly regarded architects, Ascot Design, have produced stunning plans and elevations for this new 21,464 sq ft (1,994 sq m) mansion house.Application RU.20/0002
- Erection of side story extensions and part ground/ part first floor rear extension (granted 4th February 2020). Our client's architect informs us that the gross internal area including the approved extension will increase to a total of 7,039 sq ft (654 sq m), plus providing additional balcony space of 247 sq ft (23 sq m).
Further details are available through the joint agents.
N.B. Available in addition by separate negotiation but not to be sold prior to the main house (as described above):
A further adjoining 1 acre plot comprising outbuildings with planning consent for a contemporary home of c.4,860 sq ft (Application RU.18/1897).Local AmenitiesSchools
- Excellent local schools include Bishopsgate School, St John’s Beaumont, Eton College, St George’s School in Windsor, St Mary’s Ascot, Lambrook, Papplewick, Heathfield, The ACS and TASIS International Schools, Harrow School, Wellington College and Wycombe Abbey for Girls.Fine Dining
- Coworth Park, The Wentworth Club, The Waterside Inn and Fat Duck in Bray, The Latymer Restaurant at Pennyhill Park.Racing
- At Ascot, Windsor, Epsom, Kempton and Sandown Park.Polo
- At Guards Polo Club in Windsor Great Park, The Royal County of Berkshire Polo Club in Winkfield and Cowdray Park further afield.Golf
- At Wentworth, Sunningdale, Swinley Forest, Queenwood and Foxhills.Travel
- Heathrow and Farnborough Airports both lie within easy reach. Egham train station provides a regular service to London Waterloo from about 37 minutes. The M25 is close by giving easy access to London and the national motorway network.Walking
- Walking, riding and other country pursuits are on the doorstep in Windsor Great Park.Local Authority
Runnymede Borough Council +44 (0) 1932 838383.Services
Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage.
NOTE: These particulars are intended only as a guide to prospective Tenants to enable them to decide whether to make further enquiries with a view to taking up negotiations but they are otherwise not intended to be relied upon in any way for any purpose whatsoever and accordingly neither their accuracy nor the continued availability of the property is in any way guaranteed and they are furnished on the express understanding that neither the Agents nor the Vendors are to be or become under any liability or claim in respect of their contents. Any prospective Tenant must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of the particulars contained.