(Prospective Landlord or Vendor)
The Data Controller connected with this Privacy Notice is Barton Wyatt Ltd.
In this instance your data is being processed for the specific purpose of arranging an evaluation of your property, which you are seeking to let or to sell.
2. Lawful Basis
The collection of your data for this purpose is under the Lawful Basis of Contract, because we require this information in order to conduct the evaluation of your property and there is a reasonable expectation that the evaluation will lead to a contractual relationship.
3. Information Collected
The personal data we will collect and process about you in connection with this purpose is:
- Address (both for the property to be let / sold and for correspondence if they are different)
- Telephone number(s)
- Email Address
In addition, we may collect other non-personal data regarding the property
4. Website Data Collection
Our website uses both Cookies and analytical tools to help improve your visit to the site. However, in both instances no personally identifiable data is collected
Under the Lawful Basis referenced in paragraph 2, we will retain your data until you ask us to delete it. This is because we often find having evaluated a property, our prospective client’s plans are either not immediate or change. However, when they do come back to us asking for an update and in order to provide them with the service they expect, it is helpful to have retained information about them and their property.
At the end of this retention period your data will be destroyed using an approved method unless prevented by Court order.
7. Data Sharing
Whilst we control your personal data we will need to share this data with the following parties, for the following purposes, in order to provide you with the services you are seeking from us:
- Eurolink Technology Ltd and Clarks Computer Systems Ltd for the sole purpose of maintaining a consumer database so we can provide you with our service.
- Onecom Ltd and Clarks Computer Systems Ltd for the sole purpose of storing our Company’s electronic data (consumer database and associated records).
- The Property Ombudsman for the sole purpose of administering any investigation by them.
8. Rights of the Data Subject
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you, the Data Subject have certain rights regarding the control and processing of your personal data. Details regarding your rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website.
- Should you wish to contact Barton Wyatt in order to exercise any of these rights, please email the Data Controller’s representative using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please call
- Recognising the importance of personal data to our consumers, we endeavour to put in place appropriate organisational and technical measures to protect that data. These are reviewed by an independent third party.
- Personal data we hold on electronic media is stored in secured servers located in the EEA.
- Where data is held on paper, access is controlled, and files are secured in secure cabinets in a secured office.
- Data Subjects should be aware that not all electronic communications are secure. We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic in line with government advice. However, if your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
- We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
10. Additional Services
As a consumer of our services we may occasionally contact you to make you aware of other similar services we offer, which we feel could be of assistance to you. Such communications will be sent to you under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations and you will be given the option to opt out of similar communications on each occasion.
11. Data Protection Concerns
Should you have any concerns regarding the way an organisation is processing your personal data, the ICO recommends that in the first instance you contact the organisation concerned. If the organisation does not address those concerns in an appropriate manner, you then have the option to escalate the issue to the ICO. If you wish to contact us because you have concerns about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided in paragraph 8.2.
This Privacy Notice is kept under review and it is update as appropriate. It was last updated on 31st May 2018.