12 Sep Properties for Cycling Enthusiasts
It’s no lie that since the 2012 Olympics, us Brits have become keen enthusiasts for cycling. People around the country have been donning their helmets and jumping back on the saddle, pedalling through cities and country fields. If you’ve got the bug for bike riding and you’re on the search for a new home, it might interest you that property to rent in Virginia Water and the surrounding areas is at the heart of one of the best County’s for cycling in the Country – Surrey.
To give you a taste of the kind of spots you could spend your Sunday’s cycling through, we’ve put together a little guide on some of the many routes around our county.
For peaceful country lanes, plenty of greenery, and loops that make it easy to do short or long distances, Surrey Cycleway is perfect. Larger towns, such as Woking and Epsom, are accessible by links from the route, so you can make a whole day of your trip.
We recommend that cyclists have some experience with using busy roads, and if you’re taking little ones then be sure to teach them plenty of safety rules about cars beforehand.
The route in total is 94 miles/150km, though the shortest route you can do is just 9 miles/14km long, and is a very flat surface that runs from the Outwood link to the Leigh link.
If you’re not so keen on cycling near cars, head to the Downs Link route, which is completely free of traffic. The route runs from Artington to Shoreham-by-Sea, following the tracks of a disused railway, and is perfect for families or a leisurely afternoon bike ride. The ground is usually well-drained and quite flat, and it’s a very safe route.
In total, The Downs Link is about 60 km/37 miles, but it can be done in sections to make it easier on little legs.
The National Cycle Network in Surrey
Five of the renowned National Cycle Network routes run through Surrey on their trails around the UK, which is one of the reasons so many keen cyclists come to the county. The routes that pass through are NCR4, NCR21, NCR22, NCR221, and NCR223, giving you plenty of options.
There are plenty of other places and routes to cycle in Surrey with a lot of variety in scenery, ranging from easy family routes to tough professional courses. So, if you’re looking for property to buy in Virginia Water, be sure to check out the ones nearest to you!
Here’s a contemporary house of unsurpassed architectural distinction situated on the Internationally renowned Wentworth Estate close to the 12th fairway.
- Jura is a new house which encapsulates all the best of modern architecture combined with state of the art interior technology.
- Set in unusually large grounds of over 5 acres in an idyllic setting.The landmark contemporary house is built using natural materials, offering over 21,000sq ft of exceptional living and entertaining accommodation.
- Designed and completed to the highest possible standard and specification, with an overwhelming impact of space and light.
- Built around an intelligent home automation system used to control temperature in each room, music, lighting and electronic blinds.
- Under floor heating to the ground and lower ground floors with trench heaters and radiators on the first floor, and there is also comfort cooling throughout.
- The same materials blend from the outside in, with extensive use of natural materials and glass, resulting in a unique visual experience throughout the house.
If you’d like to buy or rent a property in Surrey, our team of knowledgeable estate agents at Barton Wyatt are here to help. We’ve got plenty of experience when it comes to the Surrey property market, and can help you with everything you need. Get in touch with us today to make the first step to owning the key of your future home.